Monday, November 7, 2011

Wardrobe!

Haus Frau Keighley says, "When buying clothes, be sure to get them in a couple sizes bigger than you need-- that way, when you're altering them, you can think to yourself, 'damn, I'm a skinny bitch.'"






As a HausFrau, clothing is as important as it is to a Housewife, but for different reasons. For a Housewife, presentation is everything; for a HausFrau, practicality is where it's at. 

For instance, here's a brief look into the housewife wardrobe:

  • A housewife wears pretty, light colors to accent her features and skin tone.
  • A housewife picks the length of her dress to best display her shapely calves.
  • A housewife's jewelery compliments her outfits. 

And a brief peek into the HausFrau wardrobe:

  • A HausFrau wears eye-popping, yet dark colors, to disguise any stains that may show up.
  • A HausFrau picks the length of her dress keeping in mind how easy it will be to run away from zombies.
  • A HausFrau's jewelery compliments her fighting style.

Let's dissect the following outfit I made yesterday:


  • The rich, maroon shirt is perfect for hiding wine spills, worcestershire sauce dribbles, and chocolate splotches.
  • The dress falls right above my knees, so that there will be no chance for the dress to impede my escape when zombies attack-- I'll be able to sprint, leap over barricades, and climb any trees, all while looking feminine!
  • My earrings, which are pearls with a very sharp back, are perfect for putting between fingers and punching, which compliments my "boxing with a twist of ong bak" fighting style perfectly!


See? A perfect outfit for a HausFrau, made from re-purposing my old wardrobe (a favorite, but not too often worn shirt paired with a flowery skirt) to suit my HausFrau needs!

What would your perfect zombie-fighting, cookie baking, oven cleaning outfit look like?


Cheers!
HausFrau Keighley



2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I love it and will try to ask myself, "how easily could I escape a pack of zombies in this outfit?" when I'm standing in front of my closet in the morning from now on!
    Also- cute skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) And that's probably best-- though don't forget to consider dinosaurs, rabid animals, etc-- gotta be prepared for everything!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a message, and I will do my best to (soberly) reply!
Cheers!